Friday, May 13, 2011

A Trophy for Your All-Star!

Do you have children, grandchildren, nieces, or nephews involved in sports right  now?  If so, you might be interested in seeing how Betsy Sammarco used our products to create a trophy for her son.

As she describes below, Betsy used vintage stamping blocks as the base for her trophy, but if you can't find those, consider wooden blocks or scrap pieces of wood as an alternative.



The Seal stamp is one of my favorite all-time stamps.   I used it to highlight Matt's homerun on this photo display.


I found the vintage number printing blocks at a salvage warehouse. I snagged up letters and numbers that matter to me, like this "1" and  "4" for Matt's uniform number.  I glued the numbers together and used them as a base for the display.  Even though the numbers are backwards, it looks pretty cool! 

I stamped the Seal stamp on white card stock, cut it out, and decorated the inside circle with black bling.   I layered JBS products and more photos upon each other with pop dots, wrapped some twine and made a cute little home run banner.

I think Matt will love it!

e.t.a!  He must think it's his own trophy because look where I found it this morning:



. . .  amongst the game balls! - betsy

So consider taking your stamps and supplies off the page and try making a 3-D trophy for your All-Star!

Supplies used: Seal Stamp, Sport Mini Bingo Cards, Vintage Black Line Mini Patterned Paper, Die Cut circle label, Black/Red Flag Banners, twine, and vintage stamping blocks.