Tuesday, May 17, 2011

That Winning Blue Ribbon Stamp

We'd love to show you another versatile Jenni Bowlin Studio stamp today!


The Blue Ribbon Stamp!  Having 2 images allows for creative inking, cutting, and layering.

Dina used the stamp here:


and heat embossed them by inking with Jenni Bowlin for Ranger stamping ink and embossing powder.  This layout has been added to the Printing Press above!

"I love Jenni's stamping inks (made by the awesome Ranger company). They're juicy and vibrant. When I first got them, I wondered if you could emboss with them. I know, I know, they're dye-based inks. But Rangers makes various dye inks that stay open (i.e. wet) long enough to emboss with.

So, I tried it. I took the JBS Ribbon Stamp and stamped it with Chili Powder and Seed Packet inks onto kraft cardstock. I ran my finger over the ink & thought, "It feels dry...it probably won't work." Then I dumped on some clear embossing powder and shook off the excess. And guess what...the powder stuck to the ink perfectly! I applied heat with my heat tool and voila...I had embossed successfully with Jenni's dye-based inks.

It's hard to tell from the photo, but I embossed all the ribbons in the layout by using Jenni's inks and clear powder. I cut them out and they made a fun & easy embellishment for the page. Try it!"






Bridgette Truong shows off her cutting and layering skills on this congratulatory card:



"Excited to be back today on the JBS blog! I have 2 cards to share.For my first card, I used a card from this pack of journaling cards, which are my absolute favorite to use for cards. I also used the new Blue Ribbon stamp set, some of these mini paperslabel stickers and letter stickers.

I thought I might try my hand at paper piecing, but realized after I had cut everything out that I should have stamped on TOP of the pattern so you could see the outline of the stamp, rather than behind. But I love how it turned out anyway!"


Bridgette gave the ribbon a lot of dimension by cutting into the rosette pieces and folding them forward!


Next time you make your "winning layout" try adding a Blue Ribbon Stamp!