Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Putting Your Stamp on May!

The acrylic stamps from Jenni Bowlin are making her design team very happy!  Check us out this entire month for tips, tricks, and techniques with Jenni Bowlin Studio acrylic stamps!

This week, we'll see how our design team members used the gorgeous Butterfly stamp:



Jill created this layout and explains how she created this multi-colored butterfly border:


I decided to work with a green, yellow, and red color scheme, to match the colors in the papers, and went with a varicolored stamping method.   I began by selecting four Jenni Bowlin for Ranger dye inks, pairing Seed Packet with Stick Candy, and Chili Powder and Lemon Drops. 


I placed the stamp on an acrylic block, and used each pair of inks on the stamp, dividing the color on the stamp into quadrants.  I applied the ink pad directly to the stamp (instead of vice-versa) so that I could have more control over where the ink appeared.


Once the two colors were applied to the stamp, I stamped the image onto a sheet of JBS Core'dinations textured cardstock.  I repeated the process with the other pair of colors, until I had a line of beautiful varicolored butterflies.


I layered the papers, transparencies, and photo beneath the butterflies, and stitched a free-flowing, curvy line over the top.  I kept the butterfly motif going with the addition of JBS vellum-embellished butterflies and butterfly banner alpha stickers.




Thank you Jill for showing us this wonderful stamping technique!