Thursday, June 5, 2014

Getting Messy with Corrie Jones

Corrie created a wonderful background with paint, rub-ons, and paper tape. She added embellishments focusing on the number sixteen to emphasize her daughter turning that age. Let's hear in Corrie's words how she got messy and created this stunning layout:

I love that this month we are spending the time getting messy.  There are so many fun things to play with and get messy on a scrapbook layout.  My favorite things!!  Gesso, paint, mist, ink, and rub ons all are perfect messy supplies.  These products are the best for me to use to really create a page that feels like my page.


For this page about my daughter being 16 (how did that happen???) I started by covering the background with gesso.  This is a great way to create a stronger paper base.  I then combined gesso and Speckled Egg paint from the paint dauber and brushed it down the page.  I used washi tape, some sprinkled ink, rub ons and sequins to finish off the background.




Everything else is a fun embellishment.  Plenty of reminders that she is sixteen.

I hope you play with paints and rub ons and really allow yourself to try some messy techniques.

~ Corrie

Supply List
Paper Tape - Bleached Woodgrain 
Paper Tape - Houndstooth
Paper Tape - Double Chevron
Flatbacks - Chalkboard I
Ranger JBS Paint Dabber - Speckled Egg
Sequins - Classic Assortment
Printed Chipboard Pieces - Bingo Numbers
Postage Stamp Cardstock Sticker - Stencil Numbers
Rub Ons - Lady Silhouette
Rub-Ons - Canning Jar Fun
Rub-Ons Black Kindergarten Alpha
Feather Tags - Vintage
Rub-ons - Printer's Block Alpha