Monday, April 22, 2013

Making Interactive Layouts with JBS Paper Tape

Amanda Jones shows us a great idea for using our JBS Paper Tapes!



It's no secret that I love Washi tape so I was thrilled to get my hands on Jenni's new tapes! I have used tapes in a variety of ways on my scrapbook pages in the past and for this layout I wanted to try something I've not done before.


I used the bleached woodgrain and double chevron Paper Tapes to attach the top sides of some pieces of patterned paper to my layout. I used the tape to create "hinges" so that the paper would be able to flip up and I could include my journaling/notes under the flaps. I did the same with the photo, so that it matched the page, although that piece does not flip up. I also created little tabs in the shape of banners with the tape to be used as taps to lift the flaps.


So that my page was balanced I used three strips of each tape around my page. I added a third tape, the sideways chevron, also three times to create more tabs and decoration.

Amanda

Supplies and links to our Paper Tape: