Thursday, December 20, 2012

'Tis the Season by May Flaum


'tis the season to make merry and share the love! May Flaum here to share one of my favorite ideas! What to do if you’re looking for something special to give without a lot of budget? The best bet in my book is to fill a jar with candies and then decorate it with your crafting supplies to give it a sweet homemade look, and turn a simple idea into something really special.
I used a vintage ball jar, but you can find any number of great jars and containers at the store that are new but have a great vintage look to them in a wide variety of sizes. I layered some of my favorite Jenni Bowlin tags and stickers with some embroidery thread and a strip of patterned paper around the lid. I was careful to not glue anything directly to the jar, so when the candy is gone the recipient can have and use this lovely jar for something else!
Happy Holidays!

Supplies: