Thursday, May 24, 2012

Question and Answer with Louise Nelson

Louise Nelson has created more magic with her Jenni Bowlin Studio stamps and paints.  I asked her about her technique for creating this page - see her answers below!






Here's what Louise had to say about her technique:


Q: Did you adhere the book pages onto the background with gesso? 
Louise: no I usually use a glue stick which is what I did for this layout, but I have subsequently used gel medium which I prefer :) 

Q: Do you water down your gesso? 
Louise: for this layout I did to have a white wash effect :)

Q: What is the layout built on - chipboard? 
Louise: yes it is on the same backing I used in the video :)

Q: Is the butterfly stamped with ink? 
Louise: yes it is

Q: ... and then painted inside with Chicken Feed paint? - was it watered down a bit? 
Louise: yes it was and yes it was watered down :)



Thank you Louise!  I can't wait to try your techniques on my pages!


Supplies used:
Clear Butterfly Stamp
Fountain Pen Stamping Ink
Jenni Bowlin Studio for Ranger Chicken Feed paint
Alterable Alphas