Friday, April 20, 2012

Journal What's Inspiring You

Like everyone, I'm constantly in search of what inspires me to continue to to strive to be a better person, a better wife and mom, and maybe a better "artist"... My husband and I took the time to watch the film Gandhi this past weekend, and just like we had heard - it's a life changer. You can't see that, really take it in, and not be changed. I now have two books about the man and his teachings in my queue for reading.




For my layout, I loved layering a bunch of the media {all of jenni's yummy paints and inks} together to create the background for my title - then using the stencil paper to add texture medium for the main bit of it.



I also highlighted the texture in the butterflies by brushing over it with the speckled eggs ink pad.
Here's a list of supplies if you're interested in creating something similar!


Have you journaled what's inspiring you? ~ Leah

Thank you Leah!  I'm definitely inspired!  Leah loved using Louise Nelson's splatter technique using Jenni Bowlin for Ranger Paints - You can find that video tutorial here!