Monday, August 22, 2011

Back to School with Doris Sander!


As a teacher myself, I know just how much little treats like this are appreciated. When my son came home from school last week so impressed that his teacher was eating beef jerky at recess, I knew we needed to send her some on Friday. It only took him a couple extra days of sleuthing to find out her drink of choice as well. Now enter mommy and the scrap stash . . .

I made this cute little treat folder out of a spare piece of chipboard and a few other bits from my stash. I'm still shocked by how quickly I made it! The chipboard was already sized to 8.5 x 11, so I trimmed two pieces of patterned paper to that size as well and then lightly scored all three with my paper trimmer so they would fold nicely into a card. I adhered Class Photo to the outside and Nap Time to the inside with a glue stick.

To decorate the front, I covered a large chipboard star with the polka dots from Home Sweet Home. I then misted it with a mixture of Lemon Drops and Chicken Feed Re-inkers. The small chipboard bird is covered with the reverse side of Home Sweet Home plus the clocks from Sewing Room and the ledger side of Game Night. A red pearl button makes a cute birdie eye.

Inside I glue dotted the pack of beef jerky. I punched holes and added hole reinforcers to string my seam binding tape through. A couple red label stickers complete the gift. I then dressed the Diet Coke up with a Red Award Ribbon.


My son is so looking forward to delivering this tomorrow. I think it will brighten his day AND his teacher's day tomorrow. What a great use of my scrappy stash!
 
:) Doris