Sunday, April 17, 2011

Core'dinations and an Ink Pad!

Take a look at this layout and tip from Lisa Dickinson!




To make the embossed portion of the cardstock more evident, I used the Lemon Drops ink pad and lightly rubbed it over the sheet of cardstock:

I love how easily a swipe of ink pulls out the wonderful details! Then I used my trusty clear ruler and knife to cut the sheet into ruler strips:


I trimmed the strips a bit and staggered them on the page, creating a background for my photos. I snuck in a few other colors by adding scallop-punched strips of cardstock in pink, aqua and green (the aqua and green are from the Core'dinations Jenni Bowlin Vintage Brights Collection.)

Supplies used to create this layout: 
Jenni Bowlin Everyday Collection Core'dinations (Uncle Jim  pattern in Butter Churn)
Jenni Bowlin for Ranger Ink Pad in Lemon Drops
Jenni Bowlin Vintage Brights Core'dinations
JBS Cardstock Alpha Stickers
JBS Vintage Sew-On Buttons

Stay tuned for another tip this week using Jenni Bowlin Core'dinations cardstock!