Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Mini Envelope Album - A Closer Look

We previously showed you a Mini Envelope Album from Jill Sprott using the new Be My Guest line.  Today, Jill shows us how she created this wonderful and versatile album in more detail.  This version is just the right size to make a cozy home for JBS journaling cards. 





Many of you may have machines to help you create your envelopes, and if that is the case, then you'll be able to complete this next step in minutes, but as for me, I used the "old school" method of tracing and cutting.  For the album above, I made six envelopes, but feel free to make as many as you wish.  The album above is horizontal, so I limited the number of envelopes used, but I'm sure it would look incredible hanging vertically as well, displaying a series of these interlocked envelopes.



I began by pulling apart a small envelope, tracing around it on a piece of cardstock, and resizing it so that its center was a little larger than the size of a journaling card.  I used the resulting template to create the rest of my envelopes.



After tracing and cutting my envelopes, I folded the flaps and straightened the creases with the help of a bone folder.  



The album itself is easy to assemble.  With the exception of one envelope (which will be your "lead" envelope), add glue to the top of each flap...



and affix the flap to the back of another envelope, creating a linked effect.  



Then turn your focus to the contents of each album: the journaling cards.  Have fun embellishing them using a variety of JBS accents, such as these Flag Banner stickers in red and black.





















and the new rub-ons...








These pockets can be filled with any number of little treasures!
Thank you Jill for this closer look at this great mini album!