Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Love is in the Air!

As Valentine's Day approaches, we thought it would be fun to show you how Jenni's products can be used to celebrate this loveliest of holidays!

A Chipboard Heart covered in papers from Jenni's new paper line Be My Guest is striking against a calendar sheet from the Die Cut Mini Paper Pad.


Danielle Flanders describes how she created this lovely card:

I was thinking of Valentine sayings for cards when this saying popped into my head, then I immediately thought of a patchwork heart with pieces of different patterned papers! So, I found a Jenni Bowlin chipboard heart in my stash and cut it into 3 pieces, then covered it with some of her new mini papers from the new "Be Our Guest" line. The sentiment was printed onto the card base with my printer before I added the calendar die cut and heart. The little rose was made using Jenni's crepe paper and twisting it into a flower shape, then I adhered it over one of Jenni's buttons. I love the sunny colors against the clean white background! To me, it feels warm and shabby, yet clean and happy.  JBS Supplies used: Die Cut Mini Paper Pad- Calendar, Be Our Guest Mini Papers, Crepe Paper - Red, Stick Pin - Shell, Chipboard Heart, Printed Tickets - Valentine's, Vintage Sew-on Button - White, Other: white cardstock, Typewriter font, seam binding.


Another Chipboard Heart and Chipboard Scalloped Banner are decked out and hung on an empty frame in this masterpiece by Becky Novacek:


Becky describes her process:

I usually have a hard time finding something that I like to adorn our front door. If I do find something, it's usually not affordable....so many times, I end up creating something that I like and that IS affordable. I have collected vintage frames for years, so I have quite a few on hand for projects like this. I simply painted it the color I wanted and then proceeded to put together a little Valentine's garland with a chippy heart embellishment. I used the JBS chipboard pieces for so many of my home decor projects. The scalloped banners and hearts are two of my favorites. I incorporated a length of vintage trim to put the garland together. Simple, but eyecatching. I really love the way it looks on my front door!


Stay tuned for more ideas on celebrating Valentine's Day with Jenni Bowlin Studio!